I didn't used to be a big meme person, but sometimes the GalPals come up with one that I don't mind playing. So this one is all about pet peeves.
1. Grammatical pet peeve - I don't think I really have one. I do get irritated when someone uses the wrong version of a word, i.e., 'Are you going back to you're house?' or 'I like pizza, to.' It's more a minor annoyance than a full-blown pet peeve, though.
2. Household pet peeve - I have two, and they're both cat-related. First, even though we splurged on a self-scooping litter box (with three cats it was practically necessary), there is the eventuality that is changing the tray into which said litter gets dumped. Because the box is in a part of the house that is scarcely visited, neither of us are very good at catching it before it begins to overflow, so it is a pet peeve that can be avoided. The second also involves a kitty luxury: my wife bought the cats a water dish with a fountain, because apparently constantly running water is healthier for them to drink. Well, when the water gets low, the fountain begins to make a really irritating noise. So those are my household 'pet' peeves.
3. Arts & Entertainment pet peeve (movie theaters, restaurants, concerts) - Recently I realized that TVs in restaurants are detrimental to one's dining experience if one is out with other people. I'll be talking to someone and they don't hear a word I'm saying because they're talking about T.O. again on Sportscenter...except there's no volume, so he must be lip-reading. You could be doing anything and someone flips on a TV and suddenly you have a roomful of zombies.
4. Liturgical pet peeve - Corporately read prayers with exclamation marks. It's not really the prayer itself, it's how we in traditional mainline churches treat them. When a prayer such as, 'We are excited that your Holy Spirit gives us life each new day! We are empowered and ready to seek your kingdom!' is read as if every church member's dog just died, I have to keep myself from bashing my head against the pulpit.
5. Wild card--pet peeve that doesn't fit any of the above categories - Is that Crunch Wrap Supreme good to go? Is it? Is it really? Is it good to go? Tell me again. Tell me it's good to go. I missed it the last time you said it. No, go ahead. Good to go? Seriously? You never mentioned that before. Are you sure it's good to go? It is? Well, thank God. Hey everyone, it's good to go! I'm sure of it now!
Bonus: Because all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God: What do YOU do that others might consider a pet peeve? I can be pretty non-committal at times. When asked what I want to do on a particular evening, I usually say, 'Iunno. Whatever.' Unfortunately, both my wife and I are like this, so we usually irritate the crap out of whomever else we're hanging out with. That, or we irritate each other: 'MAKE A DECISION!' 'NO, YOU MAKE A DECISION!!'