Another meme from Wayfaring in Sneakers, this time all about music...
1. What song are you listening to now, or did you most recently listen to? "Extreme Ways" by Moby
2. Who gave the best live performance you've ever seen? I'm going with the "Ska Mania" concert I went to in college: The Insyderz, Five Iron Frenzy, and The Supertones. The most high energy show I've been to.
3. Who gave the worst live performance you've ever seen? The second time I saw They Might Be Giants. It wasn't bad per se, but they did this bit where they tried to play along with the radio and it just wasn't working for them.
4. Do you have a favorite musician that would surprise people? Kelly Clarkson
5. Do you have a favorite musician that would embarass you? See #4.
6. Which two musicians do you want to have hot, passionate sex with? There are certain questions that shouldn't be answered for all to see.
7. Which musicians have you been listening to most lately? John Popper Project, Robert Randolph, Gomez
8. Who did your parents listen to while you were growing up? I remember a lot of Beatles, Rolling Stones, and Beach Boys
9. Which musicians do people say you resemble? No one really mentions any musicians, but people have mentioned David Arquette more than I'd care for. One time someone did mention that guy who sings "Butterfly Kisses," but that was a specific picture of him.
10. Who do you need to see live before you die? I have seen Gov't Mule before, but I didn't really pay much attention. It would be much different this time, so I think it counts.
11. Which musician do you find overrated? I don't want necessarily to suggest that they're overrated, but I really don't like most of U2's music.
12. What were your first three cassettes? The Ghostbusters soundtrack, a California Raisins tape, and Endless Summer by the Beach Boys
13. How many songs are on your itunes/ipod? My wife is the one with the iPod, not me. Ask her.
14. Name 5 obscure bands/musicians you think people should try: In the big picture, these bands aren't that obscure, but they are to pretty much everyone I hang out with: Gomez, The Decemberists, Dionysia (actually, these guys are obscure), Gov't Mule, Keller Williams
15. Put itunes on random and name the first 15 songs to play, no cheating: Again, no iPod/iTunes.