1. Share, if you wish, the biggest change you experienced this past year. Does my second tattoo count? If not, I suppose being on South Beach for most of last year might.
2. Talk about a time you changed your mind about something, important or not. There was the moment that I changed my mind about getting a third cat. I'm glad that I did, because he's so freaking cute.
3. Bishop John Shelby Spong wrote a controversial book called "Why Christianity Must Change or Die." Setting aside his ideas--what kind of changes would you like to see in the Church? One of my big ones lately has been easing the stiffness in "traditional" worship, where we say "Alleluia" with the spirit of someone whose mother just died, where clapping is seen as disruptive and inappropriate, and where if it ain't written on a cue card, we'll say it begrudgingly at best. We wonder why young people run screaming...
4. Have you changed your hairstyle/hair color in the last five years? If so, how many times? For the most part, I've gone with the basic part to one side. I have done the "gelled-forward" thing when it's been really short, and have let the sides grow out a little to placate Mrs. Jeff, but that's as exciting as it's ever been.
5. What WERE they thinking with that New Coke thing? I repeat my Subway worker's reply: "Yeah...not my era."