I'm nearly a week late for this RevGals meme, but when it was first put up I wasn't in an inner space where patience or reflection were very appealing. I wanted something trite and forgettable like, "What's your least favorite carol and why?" and "Do you open gifts on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day?" But noooooo, they wanted me to think about stuff.
Anyway, the point of this one is to list five things you're longing for this Advent. And the above should be an indication that I actually need this meme more than I thought.
1. Patience - I don't feel like I've had a lot lately. I've just been moving from one thing to another. If I'm not at the church working on stuff, I'm watching Coffeeson at home. And through all of it, I've been wanting to rush things or get the next thing done with very little time to reflect.
2. A chance to just sit in a coffeeshop for a morning and read and journal for as long as I want without interruption. I love my church and family, but this would be incredibly rejuvenating. Times to do this have been very rare in the past...oh...8 months or so.
3. Direction - There are some decisions that need to be made in the next few months, and every time I think I have a handle on how they're going to fall, something else comes up. I just want to have a clear sense of what I'm going between now and the end of spring.
4. Faith - I've been asking myself some big God questions lately. They're questions that I thought I'd resolved for myself, but lo and behold, new information and insights keep me thinking, questioning, evaluating. That's a good thing, but the wilderness time can be frustrating.
5. Peace - This is closely linked to patience, but if the above is any indication, I could stand to list this, too. I know how incredibly blessed I am: people who care for me, a wonderful family, a roof over my head, food to eat, etc. I think I need to take more moments to remember it. That's all.