Courtesy of the RevGals:
1. Share a Fall memory. I live about 10 minutes away from the community where I regularly trick-or-treated as a kid. My family lived out in the country at that point, but we'd travel with our neighbors to their grandparents' house and spend Halloween there. I remember always loving going to the houses that went above and beyond in their decorating; that even hosted mini-"haunted houses" in their backyards. I was thinking about this yesterday, and find it interesting how close I live to where those memories happened.
2. Your favorite Fall clothes--(past or present)? Hooded sweatshirts, hands down. I have at least a half dozen.
3. Share a campfire story, song, experience...etc. This past Sunday night, I had confirmed youth and sponsors over to the parsonage for a firepit. We roasted hot dogs and s'mores, and played volleyball and cornhole. I remember that right at 6:00, it started to rain very lightly, and I was about to have a conniption. But it stopped, and we had a great time.
4. What is your favorite thing about this time of year?
5. What changes are you anticipating in your life, your church, family...whatever...as the season changes and winter approaches? The big one is moving into our own house, which will be finished in late October. The latest news is that the drywall is up, which was one of the final huge steps to take. While I eternally loathe the act of moving, I'm excited for this change.
Bonus: What food says "AUTUMN" at your house? Recipes always appreciated. Apple cider. Preferably warm, but cold is fine, too.