I was heavily involved in theatre in high school and college. Jan's post about being a cheerleader inspired me to write this. Here are ten things I learned in theatre that prepared me to be a pastor.
1. Get to know your role and play it well.
2. No matter what size the part, you're all in this together.
3. Bad reviews and performances happen.
4. You're not above correction or further training.
5. Even though sometimes you think or wish otherwise, you're not the Director.
6. Practice, practice, practice.
7. Don't overdo it.
8. Don't half-ass it.
9. Know when and how to enter and exit a scene.
10. Sometimes, you just have to improvise.